So, as I’m sitting here, wrapped in my favorite ikea blanket, listening to Of Monsters and Men, and looking out into the pitch black, I’m thinking now is a very appropriate time for this post! We changed our clocks back this past weekend, which means that the sun goes down promptly at 4 pm, but, thankfully, rises earlier. One of the best things about this cooler weather is that when the air temp goes down, the coziness factor goes up (in my opinion!).
This coziness factor that the Swedes are just so good at can be seen in the way they light candles at the gym, wear long-johns under their clothes all winter (until April, to be exact), and the way Cafés drape sheepskin throws on their seating, making it impossible NOT to want to stay for a while! Although I love the warmth and texture those little sheepskin throws add to a space, I must say that I, personally, will not be buying real fur or leather for my own home. I’ve been curious to see what animal-free alternatives there are and have been sooo pleasantly surprised at the abundance of faux fur products out there!
Faux fur accents can be the perfect addition to your home for the fall/winter because they are versatile, neutral, and oh, so soft. What’s not to love? It was hard for me to narrow my favorites down to 8, but there they are!
1. Faux Fur Pillow – Ivory | $29.95 at Pier 1 Imports | I love this simple, long-haired ivory pillow. It might just be the most versatile pillow out there!
2. Lux Fur Leopard Pillow | $24.95 at Pier 1 Imports | How about this bold pillow to add a little spice to your bedroom?
3. Grand luxe Faux Fur Double Bean Bag – Lynx | $599 at Restoration Hardware | So, this one is definitely a splurge… but how nice would that be to snuggle up in?!
4. Ombre Faux Fur Throw – Mocha | West Elm | This is just one of many fantastic faux fur throws at West Elm. I love the variety of color and texture they come in, as well as how realistic they are!
5. Faux Antelope Hide Rug 58″ x 93″ | $199 at Fabulous Furs | If you are looking for affordable and realistic looking faux fur, Donna Salyers’ Fabulous Furs is the perfect place to look. They have an incredible selection and Everything is 100% faux. LOVE IT.
6. TEJN Faux sheepskin, white | $9.99 at Ikea | This little guy is a steal. Drape it on your sofa, your favorite arm chair, in front of your baby’s crib, or at the foot of your bed.
7. Rawhide Beige Rug, 6’2″ x 8′ |$179.99 at Overstock | A beautiful faux cowhide rug that makes a big statement.
8. Faux Sheepskin Area Rug | $289 at Home Decorators Collection | This is your classic sheepskin rug in a beautiful warm white. Suitable for any room in the house!
Here’s some lovely interiors with fur accents to warm you up. And by the way, Happy Halloween!!!